I finally found a job and I just finished my first week of work. Confidentiality is a big part of my job, so out of respect for everyone’s privacy, in this blog post or any other, I will not be telling you where exactly I work, and any names used will be changed. I work with elementary school children after school, and things get interesting very quickly. Here are a few of the normal and not so normal thoughts I have had just in this past week.
- My boss wants to talk to me so naturally I forgot how to communicate with my fellow human beings.
- Can my boss tell that I don’t know how to sit in a chair like a normal person? I have absolutely no idea where to position my arms when I’m sitting down and it’s becoming a problem.
- Why do kids either scream their concerns at you, or whisper so quietly that you don’t know what they’re saying? Does the happy medium come later in life?
- I can’t wait until the kids have playtime because they like to share their Legos with me.
- I can’t believe I’m an adult, I’m actually excited to play with Legos.
- That kid just did something they aren’t supposed to do, but it was hilarious. I must keep a straight face when talking to them about their behavior.
- Are my coworkers also pretending they know how to be adults? Probably.
- Why do all of these kids look like clones of each other?
- I hope no one can tell I’m a hot mess.
- When do I get my paycheck? I only have six dollars.
- Stop singing Work by Rihanna in your head, Megan, you don’t even know the lyrics.
- The mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell. Wait, what? Weird time for that to pop in my head.
- All of these kids have similar sounding names, it’s hard to remember them all.
- At what point is it okay to actually hide from the children? Probably never.
- Bless the child that listened to me the first time.
- Why did that child think it was a good idea to tie their shoes together and walk around? Also, why does that sound exactly like something I would do?
- Do my dogs know I miss them when I’m not home?
- It’s probably not okay that the only thing getting me through the week is the thought of spending the weekend in sweatpants and eating pizza.
Those are just a few thoughts that run through my head at work. Do you have similar thoughts when you’re at work? Let me know in the comments.
As always, never stop being kind.