I’m one of those people that has a habit of apologizing for everything. Here is a list of a few things I will not apologize for anymore.
1. Wearing shorts and a tank top in ninety degree weather: People act like it’s easier to not get heat stroke than it is for guys to control themselves.
2. My body: Bodies come in all shapes and sizes. Get over it.
3. Turning a guy down: I’ll apologize for hurting your feelings, but I won’t apologize for not being interested.
4. Being an introvert: I’m not even a little sorry about this. I’m not going to a party because I plan on sitting in sweats and reading for six hours straight. Judge me all you want.
5. My beliefs: You don’t have to agree with them, just respect them. I’m not going to apologize for what I believe.
6. My sense of humor: If I find it funny, I’m going to laugh. Not sorry.
7. Things I find interesting: I’m not about to apologize for any of that anymore. I like pizza, crime shows, and staying at home. Let me live my life.
8. My eating habits: I eat like a little kid. In restaurants, I actually find the food on the kid’s menu far more appetizing than the adult’s menu. Sue me.
9. My awkwardness: If you don’t find my awkwardness to be charming, we probably can’t be friends.
10. Being myself: I plan on never apologizing for who I am again. I am not going to be a fake version of myself to please others. If you don’t like me, don’t associate yourself with me. It’s that simple.
I hope you enjoyed this list, and that you never feel the need to apologize for any of these things.
Be unapologetically yourself.