Overall, I’m a pretty positive person, but there are things that really grind my gears. Here is a rather extensive list of my pet peeves.
– When people say “I could care less.” Saying this implies that you care at least a little. The correct saying is “I couldn’t care less.” This is my number one pet peeve.
– When people spell my name wrong. I realize there are a lot of ways to spell it, but I spell my name M-e-g-a-n. It’s five letters, and it’s not complicated.
– When people compare me to others.
– When I’m texting someone back, but they text me again while I’m still typing my reply.
– The amount of calories in pizza rolls.
– Everything about ketchup.
– How short my phone charger is. It’s almost as short as my phone’s battery life.
– The feeling of wet flip flops.
– When someone doesn’t put the cap back on the toothpaste.
– When people try to one up you every time you say something.
– When you’re watching a game show with other people, and someone shouts out the answer while everyone else is still trying to figure it out.
– When someone starts a conversation with you, but knows they’ll be busy in two minutes and can’t respond.
– Notifications that won’t go away no matter how many times you check them.
– When people don’t throw away empty boxes. I’m tired of being disappointed when I want a Pop Tart, but find nothing but an empty box.
– When people dress their dogs on a regular basis.
– Slang such as bae, on fleek, and fam.
– When people feel entitled to know everything about my personal life.
– When people patronize me. I’m not a little kid. I don’t need to be told to look both ways before crossing the street, I don’t need to be told not to answer the door to strangers, and you definitely don’t need to tell somebody to take care of me. I’m nineteen years old.
– When I’m the first at a red light and there is a line behind me, it never fails that as soon as the light turns green, someone will inevitably honk their horn at me. You do realize that I need a second to take my foot off the brakes, and place it on the gas, correct? This makes me so angry.
– When people tell me I would be prettier or more likable if I changed a certain aspect of myself. It’s not going to happen, but you would be a lot prettier and more likable if you would keep your mouth shut. *Asks to be excused while I instruct this metaphorical person to apply aloe to that burn.*
– When adults behave like teenagers. I understand being young at heart, but don’t cause drama like a kid would. I hate when I see adults posting statuses about people that made them mad, or justifying stupid choices because “yolo.”
– When people take their frustrations out on me. I get that you’ve had a hard day, I’ve had a hard day, too. Taking it out on me will not solve anything, and it’s not even my fault to begin with.
– When people are always on their phone. I love my phone as much as the next person, but a line needs to be drawn. If you want to spend time with me, don’t text people and scroll through your phone the whole time. It’s fine to do this in moderation, but don’t completely ignore me. It’s fine if you would rather be on your phone, but don’t make plans with me if that’s the case. That’s just rude.
– When people refer to their spouse as “hubby” or “wifey”
– When people tell me not to be nervous or upset, as if it were that easy.
– Teeth grinding.
– Being called “young lady.”
– When people talk to me about meaningless stuff when I’m reading or have headphones in.
– Scratchy blankets or sweaters.
– Commercials that don’t tell you the price of their product.
– When people ask for a favor just as you get comfortable.
– The smell of bleach.
– When it’s just raining outside. I feel like rain should be accompanied by a thunderstorm.
– When people are disingenuous.
– Taking the garbage out when it’s cold outside.
– Dishes that aren’t dishwasher safe.
These things just irk me so much. I feel like this was a really negative post, and I’m already working on a post about things I love to balance it out.
In the meantime, I would love your feedback. Do you share any pet peeves with me? Do you have any pet peeves that I didn’t list? Comment below and let me know!