You know that feeling you get in the pit of your stomach when you’re nervous? I always get that before going on a date. I get such bad pre date jitters, and they tend to occur even after the first date. I was so nervous about my first date with the guy I’m currently seeing that I didn’t really sleep the night before. If you’re anything like me, you get tempted to just cancel the date because you’re so nervous. I have a feeling that many of you can relate to this, so I’m going to tell you how I deal with pre date jitters.
1. Listen to music: Listen to whatever music feels right for you at the time. You can listen to calm and relaxing music, or you can listen to music you can dance to. Whatever you choose, it will help take your mind off of how nervous you are. I usually listen to upbeat music as I am getting ready.
2. Do something that makes you laugh: I usually watch funny YouTube videos before I go on a date. Something about laughing makes me feel like everything will be okay. You can also talk about whatever you choose that made you laugh with your date. That’s an added bonus.
3. Don’t dress to impress: This one might sound a little odd, but stay with me. I always dress in what makes me feel confident, not in what I think my date will like the most. It feels great to know your date likes you for who you are, not who they want you to be.
4. Give yourself a pep talk: This sounds cheesy, I know, but I promise it works. List everything you like about yourself. This will make you feel more confident. Also, this will help you to find confidence in yourself, and not from the acceptance of your date.
5. Don’t sweat it: I know this is easier said than done, but hear me out. Everything you’re nervous about is probably irrelevant. If you’re nervous about the way you look, just remember that your date wouldn’t have agreed to go out with you if they weren’t attracted to you. If you’re nervous they won’t like you, the worst that can happen is you don’t go on another date. Sometimes we get so nervous that we act like the world will end if things don’t go perfectly, but this is so inaccurate. Everything will be okay. If things don’t work out now, you just keep going until they do.
I hope these tips work for you.
I would love to hear your feedback. Comment below and tell me if you have another way of dealing with pre date jitters.