It’s no secret that a lot of women feel the need to compete with each other. It is so deeply ingrained in us to feel jealous and competitive, rather than proud and supportive. We feel the need to bash other successful women for having something that we are simply jealous of. I won’t pretend I have never felt that way. I realized how ridiculous that is, though. In a world that already tears us down and degrades us, why are we adding to that? Women need to build each other up. We need to realize that we can all be successful, but that can’t happen when we are spending so much time and energy hating on each other. Basically what I am trying to say is that we need to straighten out our priorities. I decided to make a list of women that inspire me.
Before I go on with this post, I want to state that I value these characteristics in both men and women. I am only solely mentioning women because I think it is high time that we start supporting each other. I hope you are able to draw inspiration from this list of inspiring women.
1. Lilly Singh: You may know her as Superwoman. She is one of the most inspiring people I can think of. After going through depression, she started making YouTube videos simply because they made her happy. She is now taking the world by storm. She is honest and unapologetically herself. She also actively encourages girls to love and support each other. She makes me believe that anything is possible if I work hard.
2. Selena Gomez: You guys know how much I love my girl, Sel Gomez. She grew up in the spotlight, and handled it with such grace. She was deprived of a private life, meaning she had to deal with her lows while everyone watched and critiqued. Instead of acting out, she kills with kindness. I also love how comfortable she is in her body, and how she spreads the message of how important body positivity is. She inspires me to be better.
3. Bailee Madison: I swear, Bailee Madison is a ray of sunshine. She values and displays a kind heart. She believes that this generation can change the world, and inspires us to do so. She is a great part of the change the world needs to see.
4. Emma Watson: This woman can play any role she is given. She is a feminist and a Goodwill Ambassadors for UN Women. She values education, and even took time off acting to attend college and get a degree. She never fails to inspire me.
5. J.K. Rowling: I just love her so much. She went through a dark point in her life due to depression. She managed to fight through it, and in doing so, she created one of the most successful book series of all time. In addition to that, she founded the charity, Lumos. Not only is she successful in her career, she also promotes the idea of love and kindness. There is nothing this woman can’t accomplish.
These are just a few women that inspire me. I would love to hear your feedback! Comment below and tell me about the women you look up to.
Keep inspiring, and be kind always.