I have been a vegetarian for a year and a half now, and I’m loving it. While I don’t regret my decision to not eat meat, I do find myself answering a lot of the same questions from various people. If you’re a vegetarian, I hope you get a kick out of this post. If you’re not a vegetarian, maybe this will clear things up for you a bit. Here is a list of common questions I get about vegetarianism, and my responses. Enjoy!
1. If you love animals so much, why are you eating their food?
You do realize I eat more than just salad, correct? I didn’t realize this slice of cheese pizza was meant for Miss Piggy. My bad.
2. Are you a member of PETA?
I do believe in animal rights, but no, I’m not a member of PETA.
3. Don’t you miss eating meat?
No. That’s why I stopped eating it.
4. So… what do you eat then?
Anything that I find delicious that doesn’t contain meat. Next question.
5. Do you eat eggs or dairy products?
Yes. There is a difference between vegetarians and vegans.
6. Are you just participating in some kind of trend?
Would that make my decision any less legitimate? What goes into my body is my decision. My reasons aren’t actually anyone’s business.
7. Would you eat meat if you were starving to death?
I’ve never been in that situation, so I can’t say for sure. I’m going to go with yes, though.
8. Will it offend you if I eat meat?
As long as it isn’t going into my body, you can eat as much meat as you want.
9. Where do you get your protein from?
Simple, any non meat source that contains protein. That was easy.
10. Are you ever going to eat meat again in your life?
I actually don’t have my whole life planned out. I don’t even know what I’m having for dinner tonight.
11. Really? You’re a vegetarian? I didn’t know that. That’s so weird!
I’m just a person who doesn’t eat meat. Please stop acting like I’m half unicorn, half cyclops. Thanks.
In all seriousness, I really don’t mind answering people’s questions about my diet. If you have any questions, feel free to comment below and ask. Also, if you’re a vegetarian that frequently gets asked a question I left off the list, please leave a comment and tell me what it is.
I hope you enjoyed this post!